Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


June 18

"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a meme hosted by Sheila from Book Journey where readers share what they are currently reading, recently read, or plan to read next.


Currently Reading
Mission to Paris by Alan Furst

I was excited to win this title from Random House Reader's Circle. I typically don't select mystery/ spy thrillers to read so this one is a chance for me to step into a new genre. I will share a review as soon as I finish. I've been slacking on my reading this past week and look forward to seeing what each of you are reading for some inspiration. If you have never checked out Random House Reader's Circle, you should! It's a good resource for discussion guides and also provides an outlet for readers to contact published authors for potential chats.

Coming Up
The additional books I hope to complete this summer include:
The Country Girls by Edna O'Brien
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
A Woman of Rome: A Life of Elsa Morante by Lily Tuck
Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor


New Giveaway


Enter to win a copy of "Burning Bright" by Tracy Chevalier, author of The Girl With the Pearl Earring. I picked this copy up at my local library's recent used book sale because I know it has been popular and appealed to many readers. Library book sales are a great way to stock up on many titles at great prices.

To enter, simply leave me a comment on any of my posts (old or new) between now and June 30, 2012.

Thanks again for visiting The Key to the Gate!

Happy Reading!
Rebecca











LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin